06 February 2007

Losing Track of Time

MY HUSBAND and I didn't get a long honeymoon. He had started a new job just a month before the wedding and was not able to take too much time off. So we visited a lovely bed and breakfast (B&B) called the Coppersmith Inn in Galveston, Texas. I highly recommend it should you ever be in Galveston. We stayed in the country cottage and our hosts Karen and Pat had many stories to go along with their hospitality with a DELICIOUS breakfast every morning. Being our first B&B experience, we were instant converts.

Now it is the new year and MY HUSBAND tells me I need a break and he is right. This man is SO SMART! We have not had the opportunity to really take any time at all TO BE for an extended period of time. Weekends are nice and long weekends are nicer but to really relax, one needs enough time to lose track of time. That is when I KNOW I am relaxed. Twice in my life I have freed from the shackles of tracking time:

- Poolside at the Fiesta Americana hotel in Cozumel in 1997 with one of my closest friends, she and I were drinking pina coladas and listening to the roll of the waves just across the footbridge and time was a distant memory.

- On the beach in Marseilles in the summer of 1998 on a vacation with my best friend and her brother. I was sunning myself and decided to journal while we lay there basking in youthful immortality and I started to write down the date and realized that I had no idea what day or date it was.

I would say that it's about time I lose track of it again. So we are heading out in a couple of weeks for a few days to hit another B&B in driving distance. And I plan to take my watch off the minute we leave and not even put it on until we return home. Time spent without a watch is priceless; time spent living by a watch isn't really LIVING and often you lose more time than you gain.

~Santé

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hurrah for losing time - Hurrah for a wise husband who is aware of the wise ways to spend - and save time.

Enjoy!

Anonymous said...

Good for y'all!! This could be Honeymoon v1.5!!!

I stopped wearing a watch after my Dad passed away. Time just didn't seem as important anymore.