03 January 2008

Recipe of the Week - #1

Since cooking one of my favorite endeavors and since the previous post makes me hungry, I have decided to share one of my favorite breakfast recipes. I first had it about 14 years ago at a sleepover. Starshine’s Mom made it for us and I have made it every Christmas for breakfast in the last 10 years.

From the Kitchen of Starshine’s Mom

Easy Overnight Sticky Buns

Ingredients:
18 frozen rolls (from the freezer section – they should be in little dough balls)
4 tablespoons dry butterscotch pudding mix (not instant)
1/2 cup melted butter
2 tablespoons cinnamon
1/2 cup brown sugar
Chopped nuts (optional)

Directions:

Place frozen rolls in buttered bundt pan.

Sprinkle with 4 tablespoons dry butterscotch pudding mix (not instant).

Mix melted butter, cinnamon, brown sugar and nuts Pour butter mixture over rolls. Cover with foil and let set overnight. Do not refrigerate. In the morning, bake at 350 for 30 minutes. Remove from oven and invert to plate or 13x9 pan. Makes 18.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

that's very similar to our Christmas morning tradition - called "monkey bread." essentially the same minus the pudding mix, but we'll have to try these :) YUM!

Tracy said...

I think my mom calls it monkey bread, too!

How fun! I totally remember that sleepover and having those sticky buns for breakfast!

I love that they have become part of your Christmas morning tradition. :)

So fun to see you and HUSBAND over the holidays.

Love you!

P.S. I have to tell Hubs to bookmark your blog. Being the chef that he is, I think he'll enjoy reading your last couple of posts.

Anonymous said...

MMMM Mary this looks good! We will try it. I remember when I spent the night at your house in hs and you made beef stroganoff. It was so yummy, and everytime I make it I think of you!
Jenny